Friday, December 13, 2013

Table Topper

After years of not being "in charge" of gift giving to my in-laws, (hubby's responsibility) I thought I would make my MIL this table topper for her round kitchen table. Janice (MIL) is a great seamstress and has made my girls several dresses in their younger years. I especially liked the dresses when I picked out the material:) Well, this isn't about dresses...

I used Blitzen Moda fabric by Basic Grey, a Sidekick ruler and a 2 1/2 inch diamond stripper (Marti Michell). I liked the diamond stripper for the trimmed points, made it really easy to line up the seams. I really liked the Sidekick because it gave me a good visual for lining up the fabric just right.  Here are a few pics, partly pieced and finished. The red arrow in the first pic points to the diamond stripper template.

There is a pattern available - Rock Candy by Jaybird Quilts, but given the experience I have had of using the diamonds with triangles, I made it without the pattern.


Straight line machine quilting in a diamond pattern


No comments:

Post a Comment